Thursday, March 17, 2011

Praying for Japan


As this is my first official post on the SAHDF blog, I would like to take a moment & say Hello to everyone! I am very pleased to have such an opportunity to write for this blog. It is an inspiration to many like myself, who are following Christ while preparing for what He has planned for their futures. You might have read the description I wrote of myself, which tells a little about me & who I am. I hope that I will be as much of an encouragement to you as Meggie has been to me.

On another subject, I would like to bring to the attention of those who might not know, about the disaster in Japan. After the earthquake & subsequent tsunamai last Friday, many lost their homes, their families, & even their own lives, wiped out within a matter of a couple minutes. Because of the tsunamai, nuclear reactors in Japan are damaged & leaking radioactive particles. The reports have been stating that unless the reactors are cooled & the damage repaired, they could explode, possibly causing worldwide radiation exposure. I believe that now is the time to pray. Pray for comfort for those who have lost everything. Pray for wisdom for the officials & the people trying to give aide. Pray for protection for Japan & the world from the radiation. Most importantly though, pray that Japan, its inhabitants, & the world, find the one true Comforter, Jesus Christ. Please pray for all & whatever else God might put on your heart.

I know that this might not be the most joyful of posts, but I believe that now is the time to pray for those that have lost & those that are lost. I pray that soon the reports will be those of good news instead of bad.

1 Thessalonians 5:17: Pray without ceasing.

Philippians 6:18: Praying always with all prayer & supplication in the Spirit, & watching thereunto with all perseverance & supplication for all saints.

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; & lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, & He shall direct thy paths.

God bless,
Sarah Grace

No comments: