Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lately I've been discouraged.

Yup it's true, I admit it. Perhaps it's not elegant in Cranford, but I said it. You would think that with one of the oldest and most revered occupations it would be easy to learn about and be accepted.

But alas in this "Age of Equality" It isn't....

I keep watching people, and their reactions. I Watch how people act on an everyday basis and laugh at how they screw up their faces when I tell them my reasonings for being a stay-at-home-daughter, and someday, wife.

Here are some things I've heard;



  • An eight year old girl asked me why I was still living at home if I was 20...

  • A matron in my church told me I had to go to colledge because if I didn't my husband would leave me for being un-educated.

  • "Why don't you just date that boy? What does marriage have to do with it?"

  • A french guy told me if I went to colledge I could go to Europe whenever I wanted.

  • "I think a girl should wear what she wants, if you've got it flaunt it! Besides my underwear match my skirt, it's all good."

And many more.. trust me..

After a while it gets really old. Why can't people just accept me. That's supposed to be part of this modern mantra isn't it? Acceptance?



Or does that not include Biblical womanhood?



So here I sit discouraged..



"What's the point" Has entered my mental vocabulary a lot now. Usually as I give up and slide into a pair of tight jeans, or turn from my sewing machine to lose myself in a computer game. (my computer is in the same room) Or even when I go to type up a blog post.



So what IS the point. ...


For the first time in a while I picked up my Oswald Chambers Devotional this morning and this is what I read;



The viewpoint of a worker for God must not be as near the highest as he can get, it must be the highest. Be careful to maintain strenuously God's point of view, it has to be done every day, bit by bit; don't think on the finite. No outside power can touch the viewpoint.


The viewpoint to maintain is that we are here for one purpose only, viz., to be captives in the train of Christ's triumphs. We are not in God's Showroom, we are here to exhibit one thing- the absolute captivity of our lives to Jesus Christ. How small the other points of view are- I am standing alone battling for Jesus; I have to maintain the cause of Christ and hold this fort for Him....


..."For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ." We are enwheeled with the odour of Jesus, and wherever we go we are a wonderful refreshment to God.



So what is our point? Keep going. So that when God looks down and sees the same things we are, and is just as discouraged, He can look at us and say, "Ahah! There's one who's still striving for Me."



If God can look at us and smile, can't we keep going? One day at a time?


I think so.

As a side note though, To those of you who read my blog that are not stay at home daughters, please encourage those you see. We struggle daily against the wiles of this world. Being us is harder than it looks. Especially when we live in an area where being a stay at home daughter is virtually non-existant.



We've chosen this path for a purpose, and begging us to go elsewise is just painful.



Keep up the Faith Girls!!
~Meggie

4 comments:

Ms. Pajak said...

Amen. Our Father's approval is enough. Even if other's cannot understand, yet, they will see, in time, the joy and fruit that marks the lives of those surrendered to His perfect will.

Sarah Grace said...

Meggie, I know exactly how you are feeling. I am going on 23 & I hear the same things (perhaps slightly different phrasing, but the same pressures) from most people I come in contact with. Even my youngest brother believes that I am crazy for wearing modest clothing & not dressing more "modern" or "cool". It can be really hard to focus on what you believe God has called you to. I think that is why Proverbs 3:5-6 is such an uplifting verse for me. I will be praying for you that you will be able to weather the storm of condemnation.

God bless,
Sarah Grace

P.S. Have the posts been up to par? I was just wondering what you think.

Angel said...

Praying for you Meggie! I've been feeling this way a bit myself lately. But it never fails, everytime I start to feel down, GOD brings encouragement in the form of my devotions, parents, or reading a post just like the one you have wrote. :D Thank-you girl! keep it up!

Like I said, I'm praying for you!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Angel

Avonlea_dreamer said...

Thanks a million, Girls! It really helps knowing I'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes. Maybe I can get to posting more and we can get things rolling here again. :D

And Sarah Grace, They're wonderful!! I'm sorry I haven't been commenting more or anything. Things have been really crazy...

until next time!!!
~Meggie