Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stay at Home Sunday, Oct 31



Uh oh!


This just so happens to be Halloween Sunday! I Have a love hate relationship with Halloween… especially when it falls on a Sunday.


My whole life, I’ve loved dressing up, and looking at other’s costumes. And I still do, which is why October is my favourite month! (Especially since I was born on the first day of it!)


But I’ve never liked what Halloween stood for. All the ghouls and Goblins, ghosts and monsters.. And not to mention who’s boss over all those things… *shivers* Not cool…


So I won’t say I’ve never been Trick - or - treating, or that I didn’t enjoy it. What I didn’t like was showing up at a church’s "Not so Halloween" party, and being the only one in a costume! (Embarrassing!)


So what about you? Do you have any Anti- Satan "Halloween" traditions? Or do you ignore it all together? (Not a bad thing.. I know a lot of people who do, and now looking back, I don’t blame you!)


But hey! All that discount candy afterward is great! (Just kidding)


Back to homemaking, have you done anything this week that made you feel accomplished in that realm?
Tell me about it!
Love and huggs
Meggie

4 comments:

Avonlea_dreamer said...

As for me I am striving now to keep tidy the rooms I have cleaned, while trying to add to the clean rooms and start learning other chores, such as laundry and cooking. Which is hard to do all at once! What are ya'll up to this week?

Emily said...

My family doesn't do anything for Halloween really, except get candy :) But sometimes I dress up just for the heck of it; my mum has a beautiful Jane Austen style dress...so that's what I wear! I didn't do that this time, though. I completely agree about the ghosts and witches and skeletons and things like that. It's Satanic and it creeps me out. I wish people would have fun dressing as their favourite characters! Whatever happened to Raggedy Ann?

Avonlea_dreamer said...

Oh I know! Raggedy anne was so popular when I was growing up! I didn't dress up this year either. I haven't in a while. But you want to see cute costumes incarnate check out romantichistory.blogspot.com. She made all their own this year and they are adorable! Thanks for commenting!

Jamie T said...

What our family does is celebrate The Reformation---Martin Luther nailed his 99 thesis on the church's door on October 31st. Our church celebrates the Reformation. Everyone dresses up medieval, and the men grow beards! This year I got a new dress, even. And, yes, this is when we all get our candy. So, that's what our family does on Halloween. :D

~Jamie