Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiring member post "From a would-be doctor to a wanna-be stay at home wife and Mom."

Well one of our new members has sent us her story as an inspiration post!

Please welcome Kristen!

It's hard to say where my story begins. I've always been raised in church, and knew how to live a Godly life, following the examples that my parents, and grandparents had set before me. I took my bible study time seriously, but always felt like there might be something more I could do to further my relationship with Him. I attended a local college, following in the footsteps of my peers, where I worked on a 4-year degree in Biology. I always wanted to be a doctor, so this was the first step. As I progressed through the courses, I started to lose focus on the end goal. I thought that maybe I was going through a "stage", and prayed that God would deliver the focus I needed to follow "His" plan for my life. But, what I didn't realize was that His plan, was completely different from my own. One night, I was watching TV, when a new show (new to me, anyway) flashed across the screen..."18 Kid's and Counting." It was as if a light bulb turned on in my brain. Their love for God, their morals, their togetherness as a family, is EXACTLY what I wanted in my life. I immediately turned to my bible, searching the scriptures for what might be an answer from God, that this was His plan for me. Titus 2:3 spoke to me, and I realized that God's plan for me wasn't to spend all my hours in a hospital, but instead taking care of my own family, and raising my children in the ways of the Lord.

Flash forward to today, I'm 27 and still waiting for God to show me the man that He has intended for me. I have faith that it will happen in His time, and I am contently working on my relationship with Him in the meantime. I still have occurrences when I'll blurt out some scientific fact that I have stored away in my brain. But, anymore the occurances are humorous, and my friends and family just laugh .I am working on learning to sew, cook, and manage a house. All of which I enjoy thoroughly. I am sharing this, to offer encouragement to women, who might just be realizing God's true plan for their lives. I lack very little to obtain a degree in biology, but instead have decided to turn my focus upward, and focus solely on Him.

Kristen N. Porter
kristennporter@gmail.com

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thank you, Kristen, for sharing your story! It's very beautiful! :D

~Jamie