Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stay at Home Sunday



Mmmmm, November is here at last! Roll out the electric blankets and cocoa, the leaves have fallen and winter is on it’s way!


It’s funny, when the doors close and most people huddle up by the fire or heater, I’m at my most active!


I do all my spring cleaning in the fall… And I do a lot of walking and such once it gets cold. There is nothing I like better than to put on my long skirts and wool coat and go walking. To me, it’s better in the cold, I don’t have to worry about snakes or spiders, or grass that reaches over my head. (In which all of the above reside….)


What about you? Any "Getting ready for winter" traditions?


And here’s a question I’d like to ask. As it gets cold… you can’t very well hang clothes on the line. (I did in the dead of winder once and there were icicles hanging off my underwear! Eep!) So do you just give up and use the drier? Or do you have indoor apparatuses to hang clothes on?


We sometimes hang them under our stairs… (We have open uncarpeted stairs) but now I have a sewing corner there so that makes it difficult… Plus the cat liked to have fun knocking things off, then running to see if she’d killed it.


Well have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Deborah Newby. said...

I'm so excited for winter!! We've already started getting our first snows. :D I don't do much serious cleaning in fall. For some reason serious cleaning always implies opening the windows and doors up. I have no idea why, haha! In the fall I usually start stocking up on winter things that I love, like hot cocoa and pine scented candles! I write up a list of books that I want to get read while I'm indoors. And I *try* to get started on some kind of project-- like some writing or crafts. :)

Jamie said...

As it's not yet cold here in the west, and we never get ice or snow (only on rare occasions) the real only fall tradition I think of for our family is planting winter grass and flowers. :D

~Jamie

Kris10 said...

We use our drier. But there are a lot of clothes that I don't dry all the way, and I have drying racks that I squeeze into the laundry room. I'm also a book reader in the winter. And this winter I have all sorts of sewing projects planned out. :) I'm really excited to expand my sewing abilities. It's funny, but my father LOVES to bake cookies (He's actually doing it now.), and he will bake all winter long. Sometimes it's really hard to restrain yourself, but a trip to the gym keeps me in check. :)
~Kristen

Emily said...

I've started knitting berets :) They're cute and warm. I'm loving the beautiful fall colours and really looking forward to Christmas!! Other than that, I haven't really been up to anything much.

Rebekah said...

Since we live in the Desert, Fall for us is like Spring everywhere else... We've been cooped up all Summer and Fall and Winter is our time to get outdoors!

We love to welcome Autumn with multiple pumpkins (especially heirloom ones!), lots of cleaning to prepare for the holidays and scented candles. This year our favorite is Pumpkin Spice. We also try to include pumpkin in a lot of our recipes, such as pancakes or the cookies we're planning to make soon! :)


To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

Blog: http://donotgrowweary.com/blog/

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Natasha Atkerson said...

The first snow that sticks, my mom makes waffles for dinner! This is a tradition that was passed down from my Grandma. Kind of cool!

As far as clothes, we use the drier for smaller stuff and hang the larger items that take up more room on a clothes line in our pantry!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com