Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stay at home Sunday



November 20th
Another Sunday another post!
Thanksgiving is this Thursday! are you ready? Is the food all bought? The house all decorated?
Are you like me and procrastinate till the last minute?
or are you relaxing gently while waiting for a trip to the home of a flabberghasted relative?
Or even more relaxed are you one of those lucky Canadians who are already through with Thanksgiving?
hahaha!
Our Thanksgivings are always a flurry among my nuclear family of "So what are we doing this year?" Christmas has always been planned out with traditions and set schedules, but thanksgiving is sure not.
The relative on my Dad's side all decide to save the drama until Christmas, and do other things on this day, but we still like to visit my Grandparents. My Mom's side is very demanding on all holidays, it's "Their way or you can come by yourself another day" Which is rather upsetting sometimes... And finally we have some friends in the community, a middle aged couple who are not only inviting their family, but have invited all the "Lost Puppies" among their friends. Last year... I think it was, we joined them. ;D lol!
So what are your traditions? Any ways you especially try to give thanks unto our Father on this day? (And Don't worry, I already have a post read for the day itself for a "Give thanks" post. :)
Well I'll let you get back to travel and flower arrangements. :D
Love and Huggs!
Meggie

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Well, as our extended family is spread across America (from Alaska to Florida!) we don't really do big get togethers. My Mom usually tries to make one Thanksgiving meal in Nov, but it never really has to be on Thanksgiving Day. She actually already made her dinner, so we are free to join friends from church at their house this Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgivings has always been different. We're either sick, or we simply stay home and have a quite day, or we'll go to the park. When I was younger I think my grandparents did fly down for thanksgiving, but not anymore. So, that's really all we do. :D